KENORA – NEWS – The Kenora Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Kenora Emergency Medical Services (EMS), and Pellatt Fire attended a rollover of a side by side on Highway 596 at Pickerel Lake Road.
On Monday, July 27, 2020, at 12:33 pm CDT, Police and EMS were dispatched to a Rollover with two occupants that were injured. Both people were taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Members of the OPP would like to remind citizens of some rules associated with the use of these vehicles.
Some of the requirements to operate an Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) on the roadway:
- Must operate on the shoulder of the road (wherever possible) in the same direction of traffic
- Seat belts in a Utility Terrain Vehicle/Side by Side’s must be worn
- Must be 16 years of age and hold a minimum class G2/M2 driver’s license
- Must wear a helmet and have valid insurance and registration
- Passengers are only allowed on vehicles designed to carry a passenger
- Passengers MUST be a minimum of 8 years old
- If the speed limit is 50 km/h or lower – you cannot exceed 20 km/h
- If the speed limit exceeds 50 km/h- you cannot exceed 50 km/hr, including highways