KENORA – A Kenora man now faces a number of drug-trafficking related charges following a vehicle stop in the city.
The OPP report that on April 22, 2020 just before 3:00 pm CDT, police stopped a vehicle on Veteran’s Drive for a Highway Traffic Act violation.
Their investigation led to the arrest and a search of the vehicle. That search located approximately 419 grams of Cannabis and 141.1 grams of Psilocybin (mushrooms)
As a result of the investigation, Allen PENCOFF, age 28 from Kenora has been charged with:
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis in a public place, Section 8(1)(a) of the Cannabis Act (CA)
- Possession for the purpose of distributing, Section 9(2) CA
- Possessing Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling, Section 10(2) CA
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, Section 354(1)(a) Criminal Code
- Possession of a Schedule III Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking, Section 5(2) under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
The accused is scheduled to appear in Kenora Court on July 16, 2020, to answer the charges. None of the charges have been proven in court.