DRYDEN – On Thursday, February 20, 2020, at approximately 12:45 pm the Ontario Provincial Police Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, Community Street Crime Unit, Northwest Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Dryden Police Service conducted a traffic stop on Highway 17 in Dryden.
OPP report, “As a result of the stop and a subsequent related search warrant Police seized 1090.81 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 1.41 grams of crack cocaine, 4.31 grams of heroin, 10 Oxycodone tablets, 135 tablets of hydromorphone, 52 tablets of various prescription medications, a firearm with ammunition, Canadian currency and drug-related paraphernalia. The estimated street value of the crystal methamphetamine seized is $217,000.”
Benjamin FUMERTON, 30 years old of Wabigoon has been charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Other Drugs X 3
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Heroin
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Cocaine
- Possession of Property obtained by crime over $5000
- The occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a prohibited or restricted weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
The accused was held in custody and will appear Monday, in the Ontario Court of Justice in Dryden. None of the charges have been proven in court.