DRYDEN – NEWS – Dryden Police report that a Winnipeg man is in custody facing a number of charges following a crime spree.
Police report that on January 9, 2020, at 11:30 pm, Dryden Police Service was called to investigate a theft at Walmart located on Government Street where it was reported that an unidentified male pried open the front doors while evening employees were working, walked in and removed several items and fled in what appeared to be a KK Penner Tire commercial vehicle. Walmart reported approximately $1600 worth of merchandise was stolen.
During the investigation, police discovered that a KK Penner Tire Truck had been stolen from the KK Penner property. In addition, a Black Mazda, 4 door hatchback was reported stolen from Winnipeg, Manitoba and was located a short distance from KK Penner on Grand Truck Ave. The investigation revealed that the accused attempted to tow the Mazda with the KK Penner Tire Truck as the Mazda contained numerous stolen items. The Mazda reportedly was towed a short distance down Grand Trunk Avenue where it was ultimately abandoned.
The accused was arrested by the Ontario Provincial Police after the KK Penner Tire Truck was involved in a single motor vehicle collision near Melgund Lake.
- Trevor Justin WRIGHT, 39-years-old of Winnipeg, Manitoba has been charged with the following criminal offences:/li>
- Theft over $5000 of the KK Penner Truck; Possession of Stolen Property over $5000;
- Possession of Stolen Property Obtained by Crime over $5000;
- Possession of Methamphetamine; Theft Under $5000 from Walmart;
- Obstruct a Police Officer; Breach of Probation; Fail to Comply with Judicial Order x2.
WRIGHT is currently in custody and will appear in Bail Court on January 15, 2020, by video in Dryden. None of the charges have been proven in court.