DULUTH MN – WEATHER – The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Lakeshore Flood Advisory, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Sunday.
* TIMING…Saturday night through Sunday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Lakeshore flooding in Canal Park and other low lying shoreline areas. Beach and shoreline erosion.
Duluth is also under a weather advisory related to the winter storm headed toward the city.
Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches, except 4 to 7 inches for the higher terrain
and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE…Crow Wing, Aitkin, Carlton and Southern St. Louis Counties. This includes the Tribal Lands of the Fond du Lac
Band and the Mille Lacs Band, East Lake and, Big Sandy Lake areas.
* WHEN…From noon Saturday to noon CST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions.