Police Arrest Third Suspect in Dease Street Shooting

Police unit on scene this morning at Dease and Mackenzie
Police unit on scene this morning at Dease and Mackenzie

THUNDER BAY – Do the crime, get caught. That might be the message from Thunder Bay Police who arrested the third suspect in a shooting on Dease Street.

Thunder Bay Police Service has arrested and charged a third suspected with attempted murder in connection with the ongoing investigation into an October shooting incident.

Police Service officers with the Uniform Patrol Branch were originally dispatched to 139 Dease Street around 9:20 pm on Tuesday, October 8, 2019, following reports of a shooting that had just occurred.

When police arrived they located a lone male victim and confirmed that a shooting had taken place. Paramedics transported to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre where he was treated for his injuries.

Major Crime Investigators identified Holly EMMA PAPASSAY, 48, of Thunder Bay as a suspect. She was arrested on Monday, October 14 at about 3 pm at a McLaughlin Street address and formally charged with attempted murder.

Investigators later identified a 17-year-old male from the Toronto area as a second suspect. The suspect was arrested on Tuesday, October 15 in Toronto with the assistance of the Toronto Police Service. He was returned to Thunder Bay on Friday, October 18.

At that time police had identified and obtained a Canada-Wide Warrant for the arrest of a Devonte Edward Lorenzo KELSIE-COMEAU, a third suspect. On October 24, with assistance from the Toronto Police Service, KELSIE-COMEAU was arrested in Toronto.,

KELSIE-COMEAU was transported from Toronto to Thunder Bay and taken into custody by the Thunder Bay Police Service on the afternoon of Monday, October 28.

Devonte Edward Lorenzo KELSIE-COMEAU, 21, of Toronto, is charged with:

• Attempted Murder
• Pointing a Firearm
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Probation Order Non-Compliance

KELSIE-COMEAU appeared in bail court via video in Thunder Bay on Tuesday, October 29 and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date.

The investigation is ongoing.

None of the charges have been proven in court.

Previous articleConvenience Store Robbery Suspect Arrested Minutes After Police Arrived
Next articleThunder Bay – Missing 57-Year-Old Man
NetNewsledger.com or NNL offers news, information, opinions and positive ideas for Thunder Bay, Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and the world. NNL covers a large region of Ontario, but we are also widely read around the country and the world. To reach us by email: newsroom@netnewsledger.com. Reach the Newsroom: (807) 355-1862