FORT FRANCES – On September 20, 2018, at approximately 6:11 PM, two members of the Rainy River District Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) detachment conducted a vehicle stop in the area of Portage Avenue, in response to a traffic complaint. Officers spoke with the driver and commenced an investigation.
As a result, Ryan BELL, 26 years of age, of Fort Frances was charged with:
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code,
- Driving While Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario.
The accused was released on a Promise to Appear with a court date of October 29, 2018, in answer to the charges.
Further, Marylou COPENACE, 28 years of age, of Big Grassy First Nation Territory was arrested on warrants for the following Criminal Code offenses:
- Failing to Attend Court contrary to section 145(5)(b),
- Three counts of Breach of Probation contrary to section 733.1(1),
- Theft Under $5000 contrary to section 334(b).
The accused was released on a Promise to Appear with a court date of November 5, 2018, in answer to the charges.