THUNDER BAY – WINDSOR STANDOFF UPDATE – There are additional charges for Kurt Maurice Downer following the police investigation after the standoff this past weekend in the Windsor Housing complex.
The Thunder Bay Police Service has laid new charges against Kurt Maurice Downer, 36, who was arrested on Aug. 26 following a standoff at 288 Windsor Street.
The new charges include:
· Possession of Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition
· Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
· Prohibited or Restricted Firearm: With Ammunition
· Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
· Possession of Firearm/ Ammo Contrary to Prohibition Order
· Theft Under $5,000
· Fail to Comply with Condition Recognizance
Downer was previously charged with:
· Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
· Flight from Police
· Resist a Peace Officer
· Unlawfully in a Dwelling
· Breach of Recognizance
· Breach of Probation
Downer remains in custody pending a future court date.
Kurt Downer also has outstanding warrants in Southern Ontario. He has a long history with criminal activity.