RAINY RIVER – The Rainy River OPP report that on August 11, 2018, at approximately 9:40 PM, OPP officers were on patrol on King’s Highway in Fort Frances when they conducted a vehicle stop at the 500 block.
Officers began a Highway Traffic Act investigation, and the male driver was arrested a short time later. The investigation evolved into a criminal investigation and as a result, he was charged with numerous offences as follows:
Ryan BELL, 26 years of age, of Lavallee Township, has been charged with the following:
- Driving while Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario,
- Three counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code,
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code,
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Schedule I) contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act,
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Schedule II) contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act,
- Two counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Schedule I) contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused was held in custody at the time of his arrest, and is awaiting a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Fort Frances on August 27, 2018.