THUNDER BAY – LIVING – The winter games in Korea are underway. Millions of people will either be watching the games, or visit Korea to witness the games. Many people will wonder about what kinds of tasty meals and traditional Korean food they can try.
Here is a recipe for
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 cup Korean barbecue sauce marinade
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise diagonally into 1/4-inch thick strips. Season steak with garlic salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli stir-fry mix; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve in bowls.