SIOUX LOOKOUT – On Friday, October 20, 2017, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Organized Crime and Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) with the assistance of Sioux Lookout OPP Detachment members and the Northwest Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed a search warrant at a Sioux Lookout residence.
Seized during the investigation was $260,990.00 in Canadian Currency, 382 grams of cocaine and 332 grams of Marihuana and a set of brass knuckles.
Emery SOUTHWIND (20 years of age) of Sioux Lookout was arrested has been charged with the following offences:
1. Trafficking Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana contrary to Section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs & Substance Act.
2. Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs & Substance Act.
3. Possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking – under 3 kg – cannabis marihuana contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs & Substance Act.
4. Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000.00 in Canada contrary to Section 354(1) (a) of the Criminal Code.
5. Unauthorized possession of a Weapon contrary to Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code.
Emery SOUTHWIND was held in custody and will appear for a bail hearing on October 23, 2017.