TORONTO – BUSINESS – There are a lot of elements that come into play as far as works is concerned. What I mean by that is that work isn’t usually just work. It’s also the time spent locked in traffic, the time spent on extra hours and the time you spend away from your family. Taking these factors into consideration, many would agree that working from home is the perfect solution because it takes care of most of the negative aspects about going to a regular office and leaves you with the benefits.
Well, I thought about this and it turns out that there are both pros and cons to working from home. It’s difficult to say which side would win in a fight, the pros and the cons, but I’ll let you decide on that. Here are the pros and cons of working from home and what they mean for you and your family.
So you want to know what are the best things about working from home? There are quite a few, so those that decide to work from surely have some things to be happy about, but let’s get into more specific stuff.
- When you work from home, you get compensated usually for incidental expenses
- When you work from home, you get to write off a piece of your expenses on your taxes
- When you work from home, you get to wear whatever you want at work and no one bats an eye
- When you work from home, you can easily arrange your work schedule any way you like
- When you work from home, you don’t spend money on gas and take-out food at the office
- When you work from home, you get to spend more time with your family and even have friends over for a quick chat now and then
Now that we’ve looked over the pros of the matter, what about the cons? Many of you might be wondering if there are any cons to working from home at all. Well rest assured that they are. Here are some of the least pleasant things that you need to prepare for if you’re going to work form home.
- When you work from home, you have to show maximum discipline to actually start working since there’s no fixed starting time
- When you work from home, you don’t get to take a lunch break or smoke break with your friends from the office and talk about the small things in life
- When you work from home, your boss won’t see just how hard you work and they will only judge you based on the numbers you put out
- When you work from home, you have to turn a room of your house into a mini office usually, which can be inconvenient.