SAULT STE MARIE – LAW – The RCMP is hiring! The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) offers an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in your community and your country. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth.
RCMP police officers wear their uniform with pride. They wear it because it stands for justice, honour and protecting those in need. The RCMP has been keeping communities safe since 1873. To do our job, we need police officers from all backgrounds who are physically fit, up for a challenge and ready to make a difference wherever they’re posted.
Do you have what it takes to be a police officer? Attend a career presentation to find out more about joining the RCMP. The presentation is a unique opportunity to meet with recruiters and hear real life career experiences from police officers who are proud to wear the RCMP uniform. A recruiting officer will also outline the process to apply; the benefits and rewards of a career in policing, provide advice and answer questions. The presentation is on:
Thursday, February 9 @ 9 AM
Sault Community Career Center
503 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
The RCMP is looking for people from across the country to join Canada’s national police service. If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca.
- Competitive salary and benefits: RCMP police officers have great salary potential and standard force benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, and the best maternity and parental allowances in the country.
- Employment after graduation: Once you’ve graduated from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy, you immediately start your career in General Duty Policing.
- Over 150 career specializations: After only three years of General Duty Policing, you can explore a vast range of specialized career paths.
- Paid cadet training: Cadets at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy receive paid training from their very first day.
- Travel and development opportunities: You will begin your career by working in Canada and may have the opportunity to work abroad in Foreign Missions, or in specializations ranging from Forensics to Cybercrime Intelligence.
- Pre-Posting: To meet organizational needs, applicants from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba will have the opportunity to select their home province for their first post following graduation. The RCMP’s operational needs will continue to determine the exact location of a posting. Applicants willing to relocate anywhere within Canada will still have that option and their relocation will also be based on organizational needs.
“A career with the RCMP offers the chance to have a daily positive impact on Canadian communities while enjoying vast opportunities for growth and development in dozens of specialized units.
“Responsible for enforcing the law and investigating crime, our police officers are role models and leaders who provide advice and guidance to people from all walks of life.
“We have a team of approximately 18,500 police officers across Canada. We are the federal police force of Canada and unique in the world providing policing services at the international, federal, provincial and municipal levels.
“To do our job, we need highly motivated team players who possess strong leadership abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. A uniform with your name on it is waiting for you,” says Cpl. Minh Nguyen, Royal Canadian Mounted Police