THUNDER BAY – Your Thunder Bay connection to get connected, TBaytel has announced changes to their Digital TV services.
At Tbaytel we have been working hard on enhancing our Digital TV service to bring you tons more HD channels and new functionality like Restart TV – and we are excited to announce these AWESOME upgrades are almost complete. The upgrades will occur automatically over the next few weeks and will enhance your TV watching experience with Tbaytel in many ways.
NOVEMBER 1ST – Restart TV
The first upgrade you can look forward to is Restart TV. Restart TV will enable you to watch select shows already in progress, right from the beginning, whether you tuned in halfway or at the end of a program.
NOVEMBER 20TH – Additional Enhancements
Additional upgrades will continue to roll-out to all of our customers over a 3 week period, so you may not notice other changes to your Digital TV service right away. Changes include:
- Adding visual elements like channel logos and movie posters to the Guide and On Demand Library*
- Providing shortcuts to popular menus and functions for easy access from your remote control
- Watching an SD channel? Prompts will appear on-screen letting you know it’s available in HD.
* We recommend reviewing your Adult and Parental controls and adjust them as you see fit, as mature content could potentially be more visible to viewers.
YOUR CHANNEL NUMBERS ARE CHANGING
NOVEMBER 9TH – Channel Renumbering
The final portion of the upgrade will take place when your Digital TV channels are renumbered. This change is happening to accommodate the launch of more than 50 HD channels and to make it easier to find the channels and programming you want to watch. For the most part you will find channels with similar programming grouped together – Major Networks in the 200’s, Movies in the 300’s, Sports in the 700’s etc.
All of the channel number changes will occur throughout the day on November 9, 2016. Most customers will have received the new channel numbers in their Guide by approximately 5:00 pm. Once your Guide has been updated, you should make updates as indicated below.
- It will be important for you to set up all of your Scheduled Recordings again to ensure your favourite programs continue to record once they move to their new channel number.
- If you have set up a Favourites List or have customized your Guide, please check your settings as you may need to make updates to reflect the changes in channel numbers.
At Tbaytel we are committed to bringing you all the channels you know and love, awesome local content and the best TV viewing experience. We hope you enjoy all the enhancements as much as we do!