THUNDER BAY, Ont. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced their weekly Top 20 rankings Monday and a pair of Superior International Junior Hockey League clubs were among those recognized.
The Dryden GM Ice Dogs were tabbed 10th overall in the 132-team while the Thunder Bay North Stars garnered hounable mention status.
Dryden, who presently boasts the best winning percentage in the SIJHL at .857, are 6-1-0-0 to begin the 2016-17 campaign.
Thunder Bay meanwhile currently sits atop to league standings with 15 points on a 7-2-1-0 mark with the GM Ice Dogs holding three games in hand on their long-time SIJHL rival.
There was no change among the top three in the CJHL this week.
The 10-0-0-0 Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) remains unbeaten and the No. 1 rated side in the CJHL again this week.
Following Steinbach is the also unbeaten 12-0-0-0 Terrebonne Cobras (QJHL) at No. 2, while the 12-0-0-0 Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) have also yet to taste defeat in 2016-17 and are still tabbed No. 3 in the country.
The following is the latest CJHL Top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 17)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (1)
2. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJQ) (2)
3. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (3)
4. Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) (4)
5. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (6)
6. College Francais de Longueil (LHJQ) (7)
7. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (11)
8. Coburg Cougars (OJHL) (HM)
9. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (9)
10. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (12)
11. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (13)
12. Whitby Fury (OJHL) (NR)
13. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (5)
14. Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) (HM)
15. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (10)
16. OCN Blizzard (MJHL) (NR)
17. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (15)
18. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (17)
19. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (NR)
20. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL); Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Timmins Rock (NOJHL); Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL); Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.