WINNIPEG – MUSIC – Manitoba Music is presenting a showcase in Winnipeg during the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network’s Aboriginal Day Live Celebration on Saturday, June 25. This showcase is an opportunity to perform for a delegation of 12 presenters, managers, labels, music writers, and industry professionals from across Canada.
Up to five First Nation, Métis, or Inuit acts will be selected to perform at a showcase, slated to run from 12PM to 5PM at The Forks. PA, shared backline, staging, and sound technician will be provided. Each showcasing act will be responsible for their travel, accommodations, and artist fees. Each showcasing act must also participate in a series of one-on-one meetings with the delegates on Sunday, June 26.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Have experience performing at music festivals
- Have a Facebook fan page, an active Twitter account, and a profile page on the aboriginalmusic.cawebsite
- Be a Manitoba Music member and a current resident of Manitoba (must have a recent utility bill in your name as proof of residency)
- Be a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit artist or group
- Fill out the submissions form manitobamusic.com/submissions (be sure to select “Manitoba Music at Aboriginal Day Live”)
- Update your aboriginalmusic.ca profile with:
- Current music (up to three mp3s – may be selected for Manitoba Music’s streaming playlists)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your aboriginalmusic.ca artist profile page.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Quality of recorded music
- Audience engagement online
- Rationale for the showcase
For more info, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Aboriginal Music Development Manager