FORT WILLIAM FIRST NATION – On April 11th, members of Fort William First Nation will vote for a new band council.
Ken Ogima is running for Chief in a strong field of candidates including incumbent Chief Georjann Morrisseau and former Chief Peter Collins.
Ogima was born and raised in Thunder Bay, moved west in his early twenties, and seeks to return to the Fort William First Nation as Chief.
His campaign platform includes:
- Increase accountability and transparency
- Quarterly reports on all trust accounts
- Increased communication from the Chief’s Office
- Increased funding for support services including addictions
- Allocation of additional funds for education – “No one gets left behind”
- Allocation of funding for Elders social development
For more information on Ken Ogima you can find him on Facebook