Dryden – Flood Watch Issued

472
Flood Watch Issued for Dryden.
Flood Watch Issued
Flood Watch Issued for Dryden.
Flood Watch Issued for Dryden.

DRYDEN – WEATHER – The Ministry of Natural Resources – Dryden District is advising area residents along the Wabigoon Chain of Lakes and downstream of the Wabigoon Lake, as well as Eagle Lake and downstream of Eagle Lake that a Flood Watch is in effect.

The Wabigoon Chain of Lakes and Eagle Lake are experiencing increased water levels. Rivers downstream of these lakes are also experiencing increased flows and water levels. Caution is advised around fast moving streams and rivers. The potential exists for flooding in low lying areas. Residents may wish to take necessary action to secure or protect property in flood-prone or vulnerable areas.

The MNR is closely monitoring the weather and developing watershed conditions.

Further updates will be issued as appropriate.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Description of Weather System
The weather forecast for the Dryden Area is calling for temperatures in the 5 to 11 degree range over the next few days with evening temperatures at or above freezing. It is anticipated that we may see mixed precipitation over the next few days with a 60% chance of showers on Tuesday and a 40% chance of showers on Wednesday.

Description of Current Conditions
Water levels in the Wabigoon Chain of Lakes as well as Eagle Lake are high and are anticipated to rise over the next few days with the forecasted precipitation and ongoing spring freshet. As lake levels continue to rise, water flows and water levels downstream along the Wabigoon and Eagle Rivers are also expected to rise.

Expiry Date : This message will expire on Friday, May 16 2014, 10:00 AM

Previous articleImagine a Sunset for Fossil Fuels
Next articleSnowfall Warning in Effect – Fort Severn
NetNewsledger.com or NNL offers news, information, opinions and positive ideas for Thunder Bay, Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and the world. NNL covers a large region of Ontario, but are also widely read around the country and the world. To reach us by email: newsroom@netnewsledger.com Reach the Newsroom: (807) 355-1862