Thunder Bay Fire Rescue on Park Row Fire

680
Sparky and Thunder Bay Fire Rescue ask you to stay safe!
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue in the Christmas Parade
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue on the scene.

THUNDER BAY – NEWS – The cause of a fire which damaged a Park Row home on the evening of Friday, March 14 has been determined to be the result of the spontaneous combustion of improperly discarded oily rags, an investigation has determined.

Fire Chief John Hay reinforced the importance of following the manufacturer’s instructions when discarding rags soaked in oils such as Linseed and Tung Oil.

“Anyone who uses these products must ensure that they take the appropriate care when disposing of the oil-soaked rags,” said Chief Hay. “While disposal information varies depending on the product, it is common to advise users to dispose of the oil-soaked material by placing it in a sealed water-filled metal container.”

Damage to the home has been estimated at $50,000. No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was injured during the extinguishing of the blaze.

Previous articleThunder Bay Sears Suspect Sought
Next articleBullying Action Needed in Thunder Bay
NetNewsledger.com or NNL offers news, information, opinions and positive ideas for Thunder Bay, Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and the world. NNL covers a large region of Ontario, but are also widely read around the country and the world. To reach us by email: newsroom@netnewsledger.com Reach the Newsroom: (807) 355-1862