High River Recovery from Flooding Continues
HIGH RIVER AB – High River Alberta was hammered hard by flooding in June. The community seemed at first to be more concerned with following provincial regulations than getting people back into their homes. Calgary basically took a look at the rules, and made a decision that getting the city up on its feet fast was the best route toward recovery.
High River residents were held back by town officials and the Alberta Government. That has led to more damage to homes and businesses. Mold and rot hit hard and many people were very frustrated.
Finally High River is starting to battle back
- The groundwork has begun on the Temporary Business Park. The 15 businesses that will operate out of the temporary business park, which is now full, are mostly those displaced from buildings in the downtown core, and include Off the Hook Clothing, Art and Soul Gallery and Alta Vita Restaurant among others.
- Todd R Williams, has been appointed as the property manager for the temporary business park project. You can contact him at: P 403.601.9285 Email email@example.com
- Spruce Meadows and Telus offered a Leg Up to High River to participate in the Spruce Meadows Masters’ market.
- “This is a great opportunity to tell the world that we are open,” stated Dayna Dickens, Coordinator Business and Tourism Development for High River. To encourage people to visit High River, marketing materials will highlight the Heritage Inn Hotels Canadian Hot Air Balloon Championships (and world qualifiers), River City Car Show & Shine, Alberta Culture Days, RCMP Musical Ride and the Gift of Music series, as well as, the Farmers’ Market and an invitation to shop, dine and explore the many artisans that make High River their home. Thank you Telus and Spruce Meadows!
- Calgary Economic Development, with financial support from the Alberta Government, has been reaching a long arm of support to High River. In the next week a multimedia marketing campaign called ‘Rediscover the Region’ will air that includes High River. This campaign will continue until Thanksgiving and share the news that High River businesses are open.
- Calgary Economic Development has also offered their expertise in the area of economic planning for High River. In times of need, it is so wonderful to have caring neighbours.
- Everyone in the world now knows about High River, Alberta. Let’s turn this disaster into a HUGE OPPORTUNITY!
- Word is Canada Post is coming back, soon. Watch for updates.