THUNDER BAY – Events – After some refreshing rain today and tomorrow, Wednesday is looking like patio weather, a perfect time for the monthly Green Drinks Thunder Bay gathering! Join us to share your green thumb adventures, extreme weather tales and other summer highlights with our community’s environmentally-minded. Everyone is welcome, 5 – 7 pm at Kelsey’s, corner of Memorial and 11th Avenue. You can always check the schedule for Thunder Bay and hundreds of other cities around the world at www.greendrinks.org
- When it rains, it pours, but we’ve had some long dry spells, and you might want to consider adding another rain barrel to your rainwater collection system. EcoSuperior still has plenty in stock for just $65. A new shipment of composters has also just arrived, still at the low price of $25.
- July 23, 2:30 – 5 pm, Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Workshop. $25 at the Lakehead University Department of Anthology, Braun Building BB2002. A cultural awareness training workshop designed to help you better understand Anishnaabe clients. Workshop also available Aug. 20 and Sept. 17. To register, call Cindy Crowe at 473-9851.
- July 23, 6:30 pm—Seed Saving Workshop at Food Security Research Network campus garden (LU beside the Hangar)Community Gardeners Workshop #5. Come and learn about the importance, benefits and a few how-to’s of seed saving. Will include a demo on seed saving from some common garden plants. Facilitator: Joanne Henderson, long-time member of Seeds of Diversity, and Beekeeper. For more information contact Lee-Ann, Campus Garden Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.foodsecurityresearch.ca
- Tuesday, July 24, 6:30 pm- The Joy of Juice at Waverley Resource Library. Join the Growing Season Juice Collective and find out how to use local produce for whipping up delicious, refreshing juices and smoothies. Register by calling 625-8343.
- Tuesday, July 31, 6:30 pm –Wild About Herb Gardening at Mary J.L. Black Library. Add unique flavour and aroma to any dish with wild edible plants and herbs you can easily grown in a backyard garden or balcony. Register by calling 625-8343.
- Need an outdoor ashtray for your workplace or business? Check out a new cost-sharing program that will help you address the ongoing cigarette butt litter problem. Details in the attachment, or contact Karen at 624-2143.
EcoSuperior Environmental Programs
562 Red River Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B IH3
tel 807 624 2145
fax 807 622 0005