THUNDER BAY – On November 9, 2011, the Urban Aboriginal Strategy (UAS) Employment and Training Circle (Anishnawbe Anokii-win), in partnership with North Superior Workforce Planning Board, are hosting a one day Aboriginal Workforce Resource Conference. The focus of this conference is to provide motivation and information to Aboriginals living in Thunder Bay and Region who are seeking information on employment, education and training.
The goals for this conference are to:
- Raise the profile of need for high school/ post secondary education;
- Build awareness of employment and training services;
- Provide access to information to increase use of services and programs available;
- Provide information on how to access trade training to improve employment outcomes for Aboriginals.
The UAS Employment and Training Circle is made up of representatives from a number of different employment and training organizations including, but not limited to:
- North Superior Workforce Planning Board
- Thunder Bay Indian Friendship Centre
- Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board
- Literacy Northwest
- YES Employment Services
- Northwest Employment Works
- Anishinabek Employment and Training
- PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise