THUNDER BAY – – The Thunder Bay Chill U12Reserve Boys are hosting the round robin stage of this year’s Ontario Cup. Three teams will travel to Thunder Bay from Southern Ontario to take on the local side in a four team round robin this weekend at Chapples Park, Thunder Bay.
A total of six games will take place weekend, with each team getting in three games. Head Coach Saverio Lento feels his squad is up for the challenge. “We are very skillful and quick in attack. We have players that can move the ball forward and are not afraid to take players on,” said Lento. “But most of all we have players that can finish.”
Saturday, June 11, 2011 – All Games at Chapples Park (CP1 and CP2)
- 11:00 Unionville Milliken ’99 Red Thunder Bay Chill
- 11:00 Mississauga Dixie Athletics vs. North York Spartacus ’99
- 3:00 North York Spartacus ’99 vs. Unionville Milliken ’99 Red
- 3:00 Thunder Bay Chill vs. Mississauga Dixie Athletics
Sunday, June 12, 2011 – All Games at Chapples Park (CP1 and CP2)
- 11:00 Unionville Milliken ’99 vs. Red Mississauga Dixie Athletics
- 11:00 Thunder Bay Chill vs. North York Spartacus ’99
The Ontario Cup games are the cap on what is a very busy weekend for the youth club. Several teams from Winnipeg will also be travelling to Thunder Bay to play the various reserve squads in exhibitions. Also, the team’s training sessions have been moved to Fort William Historical Park to take part in this weekend’s Rendezvous with Italy Festival.