THUNDER BAY – The Thunder Bay Police are reporting that on June 1st 2011, that Intelligence Unit officers were investigating the illegal distribution of controlled substances in the city. As a result of their investigation, officers arrested a 52 year old male on Memorial Avenue. A search of the male suspect revealed a large sum of Canadian currency . On June 2nd 2011, Officers assisted by Drug Enforcement Unit officers executed two Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants; one on a residence in the 100 block of Whalen Street; and a second on a residence in the 400 block of North Vickers Street.
As a result of the searches, approximately 35 lbs of Marijuana with a street value of approximately $150,000.00 and in excess of $50,000.00 in Canadian currency was seized. Also located and seized were small amounts of crack cocaine and percocet tablets.
A 58 year old male and a 54 year old female who were residents of Whalen Street were arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Marijuana s. 5(2) CDSA – two counts
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime exceeding $5,000.00 s. 354(1)(a) 355(a) CCC
A 52 year old male resident of North Vickers Street was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – Marijuana s. 4(1) CDSA –two counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – Cocaine s. 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – Codeine s.4(1) CDSA
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime exceeding $5,000.00 s. 354 (1)(a) & 355(a) CCC
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime not exceeding $5,000.00 s.354(1)(a) & 355(b) CCC
All persons were released from custody on conditions and will appear in Thunder Bay court on July 4, 2011.