THUNDER BAY – Are you concerned about the future of forestry? The fate of the forestry sector will, according to some experts depend on the decisions made by the Minister of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry, Michael Gravelle.
Today, in Toronto, at the University of Toronto there will be a seminar on this issue.
Minister of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry Michael Gravelle is expected to announce a new tenure system. The question is whether it will be business as usual or if a new system that encourages economic diversification, community control, and market pricing is in the works.
The University of Toronto’s Faculty of Forests is hosting a workshop on this topic on Thursday, November 25th, 7 pm to 9 pm at the University of Toronto.
- Avrim Lazar, President • Forest Products Association of Canada
- Colin LaChance, Corporate Secretary to the Northeast • Superior Regional Chiefs’ Forum
- Mark Speers, Director Tenure and Pricing Review • MNDMF
- Desneiges Larose, Sustainable Development Coordinator • Hearst Economic Development Corporation
- Jeremy Williams, Resource Economist and co-author • Foundations for a 21st Century Forest Economy
Live viewing of the workshop is available by Webex link (during and after the event) at: