THUNDER BAY – The City of Thunder Bay has developed a new business friendly and functional Zoning By-law that reflects the values of the community, as well as current industry and business standards.
The new Comprehensive Zoning By-law is consistent with City Council’s Strategic Plan, the City’s Official Plan and Provincial legislation and policies. A draft is available for public review and comment, and residents are encouraged to learn more about the changes being proposed. The comments and feedback received from the community will be taken into consideration by City staff, and a final recommendation for the new By-law will be presented to City Council for approval on August 30, 2010.
· Easy to read regulations
· Clearer definitions to provide greater flexibility
· Fewer zones and clearer development parameters based on road frontage and location
· More uses permitted in mixed use areas
· Residential regulations that make it easier to develop and redevelop
· Parking and drive-thru regulations that better reflect industry standards
· Landscaping requirements that promote the greening of City streets
· More variety of permitted uses in residential areas
For more information visit www.thunderbay.ca/NewComprehensiveZoningByLaw