TOP OF LAKE SUPERIOR – The Top of Lake Superior have adopted a Moose mascot to welcome Clelia II Cruise Ship passengers to the communities of Nipigon, Dorion, Red Rock and Lake Helen this summer.
Maurice is launching “Fun 4 Days”, a full schedule of events in the Nipigon, Red Rock and Dorion Area during July 8-12,and July 22-26, to continue in September. The FUN days begin when the cruise ship arrives on Thursday at noon and continue until Monday when the ship departs.
The image of a moose has a long association with the Top of Lake Superior area, with Bullwinkle the moose as the current Nip-Rock Secondary School mascot, and the Nipigon Chamber of Commerce “Nipigonoose” tourism mascot in years past.
The Top of Lake Superior initiative is led by strong community and business partnerships. The early success of organizing the “Fun 4 Days” campaign is fuelling hopes that the cruise ship opportunity may spur the development of a tourism cluster in the area.
What’s Happening on “Fun 4 Days”?
– Thursday Red Rock Marina Pickerel Shore Lunch & Beer Gardens 4-8pm, Entertainment 5:30-9:00pm
– Friday explore the area with a fishing tour, guided kayaking trip, or tee off at the North Shore Golf Club
– Saturday shopping with your passbook including the Nipigon Open Air Market and local crafters
– Sunday enjoy a bonfire and jam session at the Red Rock Marina
– Monday morning breakfast at the Fish and Game Club in Red Rock in addition to other events
For more information, visit www.topoflakesuperior.com/cruiseships/