DRYDEN – WEATHER – Heat Warnings are in effect Saturday, August 3, 2019, for the western parts of Northwestern Ontario.
Environment Canada reports, “Hot and humid conditions expected today through Sunday.
“A hot and humid airmass will remain over the area until Sunday. Maximum temperatures near 29 degrees are expected with minimum temperatures near 18 degrees, providing little relief from the heat.
“A cold front is expected to bring a cooler air mass to the area Sunday night into Monday.”
It is possible that the heat could create the potential for thunderstorms later today.
The forecast for Kenora, which is similar for other areas of the western parts of Northwestern Ontario is calling for sunny conditions this morning and early this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. There is the risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 29. Humidex 35. UV index 8 or very high.
5:23 AM EDT Saturday 03 August 2019
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
- Vermilion Bay – Dryden
- Pikangikum – Poplar Hill – MacDowell
- Sandy Lake – Weagamow Lake – Deer Lake
- Red Lake – Ear Falls
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake – Mishkeegogaming
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith