Sault Ste. Marie Weather Update: Cool and Misty Conditions on May 1, 2024

3504
Spring weather
All the rain will bring up flowers and green... Grey skies mean green lawns.

Persistent Mist and Expected Showers in Sault Ste. Marie Today

Sault Ste. Marie – Weather – Cool weather starts the month of May in the Soo. We are looking at a day to pack some gloves, and a rain jacket.

As of early morning on May 1, 2024, Sault Ste. Marie experiences cool and misty conditions, influencing the start of the day with limited visibility and chilly temperatures.

Today’s Weather Overview

Current Conditions

Recorded at Sault Ste. Marie Airport, the temperature stands at a cool 4.0°C, with the dew point matching, indicating fully saturated air. The humidity is at 100%, and the pressure is recorded at 101.1 kPa but is trending downwards.

Winds from the east-northeast blow at 12 km/h, and visibility is somewhat limited at 1.6 km due to the prevailing mist.

Expected Conditions

Today: The mist is expected to dissipate later this morning, but the sky will remain cloudy with showers beginning shortly. Winds will shift to the southeast at 20 km/h in the morning and increase to 30 km/h from the northwest in the afternoon.

The highest temperature for the day will reach around 13°C with a low UV index of 2.

Tonight: Conditions will stay cloudy with a 40% chance of showers or drizzle. Fog is likely to develop again late in the evening. The wind will ease to a light breeze around midnight, with temperatures dropping to a low of 3°C.

Thursday, May 2: The day will start cloudy with a 30% chance of early morning showers or drizzle, then clearing to a mix of sun and cloud. Morning fog patches will dissipate. A more pleasant high of 15°C is expected with a higher UV index of 7.

Night: Cloudy skies continue with a 40% chance of showers and a low of 7°C.

Friday, May 3: The cloud cover will persist, carrying a 60% chance of showers and a warmer high of 19°C. The night will remain cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and a low of 8°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations

Given the fluctuating conditions, layering remains key—opt for warm layers and waterproof outerwear. As winds may pick up, a wind-resistant jacket will be useful, particularly in the afternoon.

Weather Trivia

Did you know? When both the temperature and the dew point are the same, air reaches a saturation point, which often results in the formation of mist or fog, a common phenomenon during the spring in regions like Sault Ste. Marie.

Previous articleGreater Sudbury Weather Advisory: Dense Fog on May 1, 2024
Next articleInsights from Alek Zeven – Dealing with Insurance Companies During a Personal Injury Case