Greater Sudbury Region’s Detailed Weather Forecast for April 8, 2024

Weather Update Rain Boots and Umbrella

SUDBURY – WEATHER – The Greater Sudbury Region awakens to a cool, mostly cloudy morning, setting a tranquil tone for the start of the week. The current weather snapshot, taken early at the Greater Sudbury Airport, reveals a region poised for a varied weather pattern in the coming days.

With clouds for today, it appears watching the solar eclipse is going to be very limited. Livestreams from NASA are likely and sadly going to be the best way to see the eclipse.

Today’s Weather Overview

Current Conditions

As of 6:00 AM EDT, the temperature in Greater Sudbury sits at a brisk 2.4°C, under a mostly cloudy sky that offers a wide visibility of 24 kilometers. An easterly breeze at 10 km/h adds a slight chill to the air. The humidity level hovers at 62%, with a dew point of -4.2°C, indicating a relatively dry atmosphere. The barometric pressure stands at 102.0 kPa but is observed to be falling, hinting at possible weather changes ahead.

Forecast Expected Conditions

The forecast for the Greater Sudbury Region suggests a blend of cloudiness and sunshine with fluctuating chances of precipitation over the next few days:

  • Today is mainly cloudy with a high reaching up to 11°C and a moderate UV index of 4, suggesting brief sunny intervals amidst the clouds.
  • Tonight continues the cloud cover with a 40 percent chance of showers later, and temperatures holding steady at a low of around 2°C.
  • Tuesday, April 9, will see a mix of sun and cloud, with a 60 percent chance of afternoon showers and a risk of thunderstorms, pushing the high to 15°C under a moderate UV index of 4. The night turns cloudy again, maintaining a 60 percent chance of showers and a warmer low of 5°C.
  • Wednesday, April 10, stays under cloudy skies with a consistent 60 percent chance of showers throughout the day, and highs around 14°C. The night sees cloudy periods and a 30 percent chance of showers, with temperatures hovering around 5°C.
  • Thursday, April 11, is forecasted to be cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers during the day, reaching a high of 13°C. Nighttime brings an increased 60 percent chance of rain, with lows slightly cooler at 4°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations

For residents and visitors in the Greater Sudbury Region, dressing in layers will be key to navigating the changing conditions comfortably. A waterproof layer is advisable, especially in the afternoons when showers are more likely. Warm, breathable fabrics will help you adjust easily from cooler mornings to milder afternoons.

Weather Trivia

Did you know that Greater Sudbury, with its large geographic size, can experience quite diverse weather patterns across different areas of the city? This vast region is a study in microclimates, showcasing how geography can influence local weather.

Previous articleDetailed Weather Forecast for April 8, 2024 for Toronto Ontario
Next articleWales miss out on Euro 2024 qualification