WINNIPEG – COVID-19 – The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.6 per cent provincially and 4.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 am CST Tuesday, 83 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 82 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 29,733.
Tuesday’s COVID-19 data shows:
• five cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 53 cases in the Northern health region;
• five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 18 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 3,421 active cases and 25,480 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• there are 99 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 155 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 254 hospitalizations;
• there are 24 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 12 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 36 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 832.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,410 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 480,277. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.