THUNDER BAY – COVID-19: There have been 38,958 people who contracted COVID-19 who have recovered. This is out of the 43,161 cases which have been confirmed by Ontario Health.
As of Sunday, September 6, 2020, there are currently 1,390 active cases of the virus in Ontario. 15 of those persons are in the intensive care ward. Nine patients are on ventilators.
While Canada has averaged 46,000 tests per day, Ontario performed 28,955 tests on Sunday. This is a slight increase from the 28,672 tests on Saturday.
Testing results will be updated next on Tuesday, as Ontario is taking the Labour Day off.
Northern Heath Units Report Active Cases
- Algoma Public Health – 29 cases, rate of 25.3 per 100,000 population. There is one known active case in the reporting area.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit – 35 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 37 cases. There are no known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit – 74, rate of 88.7 per 100,000 population. There is one known active case in the reporting area.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts – 94 cases, rate of 47.2 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases.
- Timiskaming Health Unit – 19 cases, a rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There are no known active cases.
- Northwestern Health Unit – 46 cases, a rate of 52.5 per 100,000. The health unit has reported 47 cases. There are two known active cases in the reporting area.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit – 103 cases, a rate of 68.7 per 100,000. There are no known active cases in the reporting area.