FORT FRANCES – In the late evening of March 26, 2018 members of the Ontario Provincial Police’s Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU); Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB); North West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT); and the Ontario Provincial Police’s Canine Unit executed a search warrant at a local residence in Fort Frances, Ontario. In executing the warrant, investigating officers seized prohibited devices and a quantity of drugs suspected as Fentanyl, Heroin, Marihuana, and Hydromorphone.
As a result of the investigation, four persons identified as Sean BRAGG (33yrs); Ryan BRUNETTA (38yrs); Ellen GIBSON (33yrs); and Valentena SPOON (24yrs) all of the Rainy River District, Ontario have been charged with various offences including:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA),
- Possession of a Prohibited Device contrary to Section 92(2) of the Criminal Code,
- Possession of ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code,
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose contrary to Section 88 of the Criminal Code.
- All persons were released from custody by way of a Promise to Appear, and are required to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice to answer to their charges.