Confederation College implementing Campus Shutdown
THUNDER BAY – Confederation College will close all of its buildings at all campuses effective 8:00 p.m. today, March 17, 2020. Contact information for key departments is listed at the end of this update.
- Students in residence are encouraged to go home if they are able
- Students who cannot leave the residence and have meal plans will be supported with continued food service with new provisions for distribution. They will be contacted directly with more information
- The Health Centre will remain open by appointment only for urgent health needs/concerns only. Individuals presenting with COVID-19 symptoms will not be accepted and should immediately self-isolate and contact their local health unit or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000
o Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 475-6169
- Limited access for some employees will be provided on an as-needed basis and official Confederation College employee ID will be required to be granted access. Employees will be contacted directly with more information
- Contracted services will be provided with access on an as-needed basis. Contracted services will be contacted directly with more information
- Campus tours for prospective students are cancelled until further notice
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Confederation College also suspended its Apprenticeship programming until April 3, 2020. It is anticipated that training will resume on April 6, 2020, but this is subject to change.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR DEPARTMENTS:
- Student Success Centre– email@example.com; (807) 475-6618, 1-833-330-1550 (toll-free)
o Includes counseling, tutoring, accessibility services, student advising, Negahneewin Student Services
- International Education Centre– firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 475-6475
- Computer Services Help Desk (IT Support)– email@example.com; (807) 475-6488
- Health Centre– firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 475-6169
- Academic Upgrading– email@example.com; (807) 473-3723; 1-888-501-0870 (toll-free)
- Residence (Campus Living Centres) – firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 475-6383
- Thunder Bay Food Services (Sodexo)– contact email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thunder Bay Security/Emergency– email@example.com; (807) 623-0465
- Northwest Employment Works
o Thunder Bay – firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 473-3829
o Dryden – email@example.com; (807) 223-4006
o Marathon – firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 229-3223
- REGIONAL CAMPUSES:
o Lake of the Woods Campus (Kenora) – email@example.com; (807) 468-3121
o Northshore Campus (Marathon) – firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 229-2464
o Rainy River District Campus (Fort Frances) – email@example.com; (807) 274-5395
- All other inquiries– firstname.lastname@example.org; (807) 475-6110; 1-800-465-5493 (toll-free)
The health and safety of our students, employees and entire College community remains our priority. We will continue to take direction from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health as well as our federal, provincial and local health authorities.
For more information about our COVID-19 response, including our Frequently Asked Questions, visit our dedicated webpage: www.confederationcollege.ca/COVID19.