Over the last few years, football betting has grown immensely, attracting millions of new fans daily. Today, the anti-gambling stigma that has existed for decades is continually fading in America and many other countries all over the globe, opening doors for the emergence of a multibillion-dollar industry. However, football betting beginners will need to learn the basics before placing a wager at Betway.
Football Betting Terms
Here are several basic terms to keep in mind:
- Stake – It’s the amount of money you place on each wager. In other words, it’s the cash you stand to lose if your prediction is wrong.
- Accumulator – The accumulator is a type of bet where the player wager on more than one outcome in a single betting sheet. However, if one of your selection is wrong, you lose your stake even if all the others are correct. As such, this type of bet can be quite risky, depending on the number of outcomes you add on your sheet.
- Bankroll – That refers to the amount of money available for you to use and place your wager.
- 24 Hour Rule – In most betting websites, this rule applies when a match gets postponed. That means any bets placed on a postponed match are null and void unless the game is rescheduled within 24 hours.
- 90 Minute Betting – When you place a bet on a particular player at betwayghana.org, the bet will be null and void if he doesn’t make an appearance. However, the bet is eligible if he appears at any time during the regular 90 minutes.
Football Betting Markets
When you’re getting started, you’ll encounter a wide range of football betting sites, all offering different bonuses and exclusive promotions to entice new customers. However, Betway has the best betting markets and odds. Here are the most popular markets worth considering as a beginner:
- Full Time – this involves predicting the outright winner before the final whistle blows. It’s also the most straightforward football bet you can place, though it’s not always easy to win.
- Half Time/Full Time (HT/FT) – This bet is split into two, meaning the player must predict the outcome in the first half and at full time. For instance, you can predict a draw in the first half and the home team to win the match, possibly by scoring in the second half.
- Double Chance – As a beginner, it can be quite hard to decide which is the best outcome to wager, especially when two results are highly likely to occur. However, the double chance bet gives you the chance to bet on both outcomes at reduced odds.
Winning in Bookies
While the odds always favor the bookmaker, here are a few tips to improve your chances of winning while avoiding all the pitfalls that beginners make in football betting.
- Bet with the mind, not your heart – Don’t bet on a team because you’re rooting for them, but because it’s likely to win.
- Avoid being greedy by chasing your bet or dramatically increasing your bankroll because of a few consecutive wins.
- Never bet what you can’t afford to lose.
- Avoid betting on friendlies due to their unpredictable nature.
- Know every team’s motivation and other psychological issues that may affect the players’ performance.
- Ask for help to learn more about football and betting.