KENORA – OPP Crime Report – On February 6, 2018, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Kenora Community Street Crime Unit and Kenora OPP Crime Unit received a report of a sexual assault in the City of Kenora. As a result of the investigation, on February 14, 2018, 71-year-old Claude TURCOTTE of Kenora was arrested and charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
- Invitation to Sexual Touching under the Age of 16 contrary to section 152
- Sexual Assault contrary to section 271
- Sexual Interference contrary to section 151
- Communicate with Anyone under 18 years of age for the Purpose of Obtaining Sexual Services contrary to section 286.1(2) (2 counts)
- Assault contrary to section 266
The accused was held for a bail hearing on Wednesday, February 15, 2018, to answer to the charges.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (807) 548-5534.
None of the charges have been proven in a court of law.