Toronto Weather Outlook: A Rainy Saturday Transitions to Flurry-Filled Sunday

11074
Toronto TTC Streetcar

Toronto Under Special Weather Advisory: Significant Rainfall

As Toronto grapples with significant rainfall today, the weather forecast promises a shift from wet to whimsical as flurries are expected to decorate the city by Sunday. The current weather conditions, observed at Toronto Pearson International Airport, include light rain with a temperature hovering around 7.4°C, accompanied by a relative humidity of 100%.

Current Weather Snapshot

The atmospheric pressure is currently at 100.6 kPa and falling, indicating the ongoing weather system’s strength that brings this significant rainfall. With winds from the south-southeast at 26 km/h, gusting up to 36 km/h, Toronto residents are witnessing a blustery day with reduced visibility to 8 km due to the rain.

A weather advisory in effect since the early hours highlights the day’s hazard: total rainfall amounts reaching between 20 to 40 mm. Fortunately, the rain is expected to ease by this afternoon or evening, providing some respite.

Today and Tonight

The forecast for today suggests the rain will end late this afternoon, transitioning to cloudy skies with a 40 percent chance of drizzle. Today’s rainfall is expected to accumulate an additional 10 to 15 mm, with wind speeds from the south reaching 30 km/h and gusting up to 50 km/h. The temperature is predicted to peak at 9°C, offering a relatively mild but damp day.

As the evening approaches, the cloudy skies persist, with a 40 percent chance of drizzle early on. The winds are expected to shift to the northwest at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h, as temperatures drop to a low of plus 1°C, ushering in colder air into the region.

Looking Ahead: Sunday and Beyond

Sunday’s weather takes a turn, becoming cloudy with a 60 percent chance of flurries as the temperature steadies near zero. The wind, coming from the northwest at 30 km/h and gusting to 60 km/h, suggests a blustery day ahead. The night will continue to be cloudy and windy, with a 40 percent chance of flurries and temperatures dipping to a low of minus 3°C.

The start of the new week brings sunshine on Monday, with a high of 6°C, transitioning into a clear night with a low of minus 1°C. Tuesday’s forecast promises sunny skies with a high of 10°C, followed by cloudy periods at night and a low of plus 3°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions: Given today’s wet conditions, waterproof outerwear and sturdy, water-resistant footwear are recommended. As temperatures drop tonight and flurries appear tomorrow, layering will become key, along with a warm hat and gloves to navigate the chilly winds.

Weather Trivia: Did you know Toronto’s record high for March 9th was set at 17.6°C in 2012, contrasting sharply with the record low of -18.9°C in 1932? Toronto’s weather history showcases the city’s wide range of weather patterns, even in early spring.

Previous articleNAPS Chief of Police Roland Morrison Suspended Pending Investigation
Next articleSault Ste. Marie Weather Update: A Wintry Mix Transitions to Clear Skies