Kenora and Surrounding Areas Weather Forecast: Cold with Flurries

5084
It is now Winter yet and no there isn't snow Yet! Just an appetizer for the coming winter.

Lake of the Woods Region Expect Light Snow and Chilly Winds Throughout the Weekend

Kenora – WEATHER – As dawn breaks over Kenora and its neighbouring communities, including White Dog and Grassy Narrows, residents are met with a brisk -14°C and light snowfall, signalling a chilly start to the weekend.

The barometer’s rising trend at 101.7 kPa hints at slowly improving conditions, but the high humidity level of 88% and northwest winds at 12 km/h contribute to a biting wind chill of -20°C.

Today: A Day of Clouds and Potential Snow

The day is set to remain mainly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of flurries. Northwest winds at 20 km/h are expected to become lighter as the morning progresses, providing some relief from the early chill. Temperatures are forecasted to reach a high of -7°C, with wind chills improving slightly to -10°C by the afternoon. The UV index remains low at 1, reflecting the limited sunlight typical of this season in Northwestern Ontario.

Tonight: Increased Chance of Flurries

The likelihood of flurries intensifies this evening, starting with a 30 percent chance and escalating to 70 percent overnight. Winds will continue at up to 15 km/h, with temperatures dropping to a low of -13°C. Evening wind chills are anticipated to be -10°C, worsening to -16°C overnight, highlighting the need for warm evening plans.

Sunday, 11 Feb: Continued Cloudy with Flurries

Sunday morning starts with a 70 percent chance of flurries, which is expected to decrease to 30 percent as the day progresses. The wind, remaining up to 15 km/h, will not offer much respite from the cold, with a high of only -6°C forecasted. Wind chills will range from -16°C in the morning to a slightly less harsh -10°C in the afternoon, underscoring the persistent cold grip on the region.

Sunday Night: Chilly with a Chance of More Snow

The weekend concludes with cloudy periods and a 30 percent chance of flurries, as temperatures hover around a low of -12°C. These conditions suggest that the Lake of the Woods region will continue to face winter’s chill, affecting outdoor activities and travel.

Weather Discussion

Residents of Kenora, White Dog, Grassy Narrows, and the broader Lake of the Woods region are advised to stay prepared for the cold and potential snowfall. Ensuring homes are adequately heated, vehicles are winter-ready, and outdoor plans are made with the weather in mind can help mitigate the impact of the chilly conditions.

Staying informed on weather updates is a key part of making sure you and your family are safely navigating the weekend’s fluctuating temperatures and snow chances.

Previous articleSioux Lookout and Pickle Lake Weather Update: Navigating Cold and Flurries
Next articleWinnipeg Weather Update: Chilly Days Ahead with Chance of Flurries