SIOUX LOOKOUT – WEATHER – Residents of Sioux Lookout, prepare for a day filled with snow, strong winds, and a significant drop in temperature. The weather on this day and into the night is set to bring challenging conditions, including a notable wind chill and a risk of frostbite.
Current Conditions and Today’s Forecast:
- Early this morning at 6:30 AM, it’s a chilly -5 degrees in Sioux Lookout.
- The day will see periods of snow, with an accumulation of 2 to 4 cm. It’s a perfect setting for a winter wonderland, but remember to tread carefully on snowy paths.
- Winds are initially from the west at 20 km/h, with gusts up to 40 km/h, but they will shift to the northwest and intensify by early afternoon, reaching speeds of 40 km/h and gusts up to 60 km/h. This strong wind will add a biting edge to the day.
- Temperatures are expected to fall to minus 7 this afternoon. Combined with the wind, the chill in the air will be more pronounced, feeling like minus 9 in the morning and dropping to a frosty minus 18 in the afternoon.
- The evening will remain mainly cloudy, with a 60 percent chance of flurries. It’s an evening to enjoy the light snowfall while staying bundled up.
- The northwest wind will continue to be strong, blowing at 30 km/h and gusting to 50 km/h.
- Nighttime temperatures will dip to minus 18 degrees, and the wind chill will make it feel like minus 17 in the evening, worsening to minus 27 overnight.
- With such low temperatures, residents should be aware of the risk of frostbite.
Looking Ahead to Monday, November 27th:
- The start of the new week will stay mainly cloudy.
- Wind conditions will remain brisk, with northwest winds at 20 km/h and gusts up to 40 km/h.
- The high for the day is forecasted to be minus 14 degrees, but the wind chill will make it feel much colder, at minus 28 in the morning and improving slightly to minus 23 in the afternoon.
- The risk of frostbite continues, so it’s important to dress warmly and protect exposed skin.
- The UV index will be low at 1.
Wardrobe and Safety Tips:
- Dress in appropriate layers to combat the cold and wind. A wind-resistant outer layer is crucial.
- Hats, gloves, and scarves are necessary to protect against frostbite.
- If you must be outdoors, try to limit exposure time and stay as covered as possible.
Conclusion: Sioux Lookout is in for a day of wintry weather with snow, strong winds, and a significant wind chill factor. Please take all necessary precautions to stay warm and safe, especially when venturing outdoors. Prepare for the conditions, stay informed, and enjoy the beauty of the season responsibly!