Nov 14/23 – Wasaho Cree Nation Weather Update

287
Weather Update Canadian Lynx in Snow

Sachigo Lake is currently experiencing mainly cloudy conditions, with strong winds and a fluctuating chance of rain showers and flurries.

Today’s Conditions: Cloudy with Strong Winds

The weather in Sachigo Lake today is mainly cloudy, with a brisk south wind blowing at 30 km/h and gusting up to 50 km/h. The high temperature for the day is expected to be +4°C, but the wind chill this morning might make it feel as cold as -8°C. The UV index is low at 1.

Wardrobe Suggestion: A windproof jacket is recommended to cope with the strong winds. Layered clothing will help adjust to the temperature and wind chill throughout the day.

Tonight’s Forecast: Cloudy with Increased Chance of Flurries

Tonight, the forecast shows cloudy skies with a 40% chance of rain showers or flurries, increasing to a 60% chance of flurries after midnight. The wind will shift to the west at 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h. The low temperature will be around -2°C, with a wind chill factor making it feel as cold as -10°C overnight.

Wardrobe Suggestion: Warm, insulated clothing, including a hat and gloves, will be necessary for the cold and windy conditions expected tonight.

Wednesday’s Outlook: Cloudy Morning, Clearer Afternoon

Wednesday in Sachigo Lake starts with a 60% chance of flurries early in the morning under cloudy skies. The weather is expected to improve in the afternoon, becoming a mix of sun and cloud. The wind will continue to be strong, blowing from the west at 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h, but will diminish to 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h late in the morning, and then become light later in the afternoon. The high is forecasted to be +1°C, with a morning wind chill of -10°C.

Wardrobe Suggestion: Dressing warmly, especially in the morning, will be important to stay comfortable in the cold and windy conditions. Layers that can be removed in the afternoon as the weather clears are advisable.

Final Recommendations: Residents of Sachigo Lake should prepare for a mix of cloudy conditions, strong winds, and chances of flurries. Staying informed about the latest weather forecasts and dressing in appropriate, warm layers will be key to navigating these varying conditions comfortably.

Previous articleNovember 14/23 – Whitesand and Armstrong Weather Forecast: Cloudy Skies with Brisk Winds
Next articleNov 14/23 – Sioux Lookout Weather Update: Sun, Clouds, and Mild Winds