Daytime Warm-Up and Cloudy Evening Ahead, Moderate Winds in the Forecast
Residents of Armstrong and Whitesand are waking up to chilly temperatures that will see some improvement as the sun makes an appearance, but it remains cold throughout the day.
- Sky: Sunny early, shifting to a mix of sun and clouds.
- Wind: Light breezes up to 15 km/h are expected.
- High: The temperature will climb to -3°C.
- Wind Chill: A sharp chill at -19°C in the morning, becoming -5°C in the afternoon.
- UV Index: Low at 1, suggesting minimal risk from sunlight exposure.
- Layered Clothing: Essential to combat the severe morning chill.
- Sun Protection: Light sunscreen or protective clothing, despite the low UV index, if spending extended periods outside.
- Headwear and Gloves: Advised to maintain warmth, especially in the morning.
- Cloud Cover: Cloudiness will increase as the night progresses.
- Wind: Picking up speed with southeast winds at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h around midnight.
- Low: Temperatures will drop to -7°C.
- Wind Chill: Evening feels like -14°C but will slightly improve overnight to -9°C.
The day begins with clear skies in Armstrong and Whitesand, but temperatures are brisk. As the sun comes up, there will be a slight reprieve from the severe cold, although it will still feel quite chilly. By evening, increased cloud cover and stronger winds are expected, so residents should prepare for a colder night and ensure their homes are adequately heated. Outdoor evening activities may require extra layers for comfort.