DRYDEN – WEATHER – There is a special weather statement in place calling for significant rain.
Environment Canada says that the potential for significant rainfall amounts beginning Sunday afternoon is forecast.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected to start affecting the area from Sunday afternoon and will likely persist into next week.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
- Ear Falls – Perrault Falls – Western Lac Seul
- Red Lake – Woodland Caribou Park
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Fort Frances – Emo – Rainy River
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
Rainfall amounts of 10 to 20 mm are expected by Monday afternoon with locally higher amounts of 20 to 40 mm possible in thunderstorms.
Another round of precipitation is expected to move in from Minnesota from Monday evening and will likely persist into Tuesday. Rainfall amounts in this second round of precipitation still remains uncertain but an additional 20 to 40 mm seems possible at this stage.
There still remains uncertainty in precipitation timing and amounts.