May 1, 2022 – Western and Northern Ontario Weather Outlook

May 1, 2022 Weather Radar at 07:00 AM
May 1, 2022 Weather Radar at 07:00 AM

THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – A Colorado low will continue to bring significant rainfall to the region. Rain will become light late this morning.

As of 05:24 am there are updated weather warnings and alerts including the City of Thunder Bay, Superior West, Fort Frances, Kenora, Red Lake. Bearskin Lake and Sachigo Lake.

Thunder Bay 

There has been significant rain overnight. Additional rainfall amounts of 10 to 15 mm is expected. There are isolated reports of basement flooding and flooding in low lying areas of the city. For Sunday morning expect periods of rain. Winds are from the east at 20 km/h and will be gusting to 40. The temperature will remain steady near +4.

UV index 2 or low.

Tonight periods of rain or drizzle ending overnight followed by clouds with a 40 per cent chance of showers. Fog patches developing this evening. Temperature steady near +3.

Fort Frances

A Rainfall Warning remains in effect in Fort Frances. The forecast is for continued periods of rain. Winds will become northwest 20 km/h late this afternoon. Temperature steady near +3.

UV index 2 or low.

Tonight will see cloudy skies with a 60 per cent chance of rain showers changing to a 40 per cent chance of flurries near midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low zero.

Dryden and Vermilion Bay

Dryden and Vermilion Bay remain under a Special Weather Statement. The forecast for May 1st is calling for periods of rain mixed with snow. The temperature will be steady near +2. Additional rainfall amounts of 5 to 10 mm are forecast.

UV index 2 or low.

Tonight will see periods of rain ending late this evening followed by cloudy skies with a 60 per cent chance of flurries. There is a risk of freezing drizzle overnight. Fog patches will be dissipating near midnight. Winds will becoming northwest 20 km/h after midnight. Low minus 1. Wind chill minus 7 overnight.

Sachigo Lake

A Colorado low will bring significant precipitation to portions of far northwestern Ontario this weekend. Precipitation will begin as rain today and rainfall warnings have been issued for some locations. Rain will become mixed with or change to snow this morning with local snowfall amounts up to 10 to 20 cm possible before the snow ends on Monday. However, there is still considerable uncertainty regarding the track of the low pressure system and total snowfall amounts. The highest snowfall amounts may occur adjacent to the Manitoba border.Special weather statement in effect for:

  • Sachigo Lake – Bearskin Lake

Significant snowfall possible today and Monday. Total snowfall accumulations of 10 to 20 centimetres along with reduced visibilities in heavy snow this morning through Monday afternoon.



Previous articleBlake Smith Finishes Third at PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity
Next articleFour Lives Lost in Airplane Crash Near Sioux Lookout