THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – Northern Ontario is in the grip of an Arctic Cold. Temperatures for the far north are in the -40c range with windchill levels going colder. The silver lining in this weather is that it likely will help get the winter roads network open for transport truck travel.
The coldspot in Ontario this morning is Muskrat Dam at -41c.
The forecast is calling for sunny skies with a daytime high of near -22c however with windchill values far colder.
Environment Canada has continued its extreme cold warnings for much of Northern Ontario this morning.
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Ear Falls – Perrault Falls – Western Lac Seul
- Red Lake – Woodland Caribou Park
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake
- Summer Beaver – Wunnummin Lake – Kingfisher Lake
- Sandy Lake – Weagamow Lake – Deer Lake
- Big Trout Lake – Kasabonika
- Sachigo Lake – Bearskin Lake
- Washaho Cree Nation / Fort Severn
- Fort Hope – Lansdowne House – Ogoki
- Muskrat Dam
Extreme cold wind chills of minus 45 this morning.
Wind chill values are expected to moderate throughout the day.
Extreme cold wind chills near minus 45 are expected to redevelop tonight into Saturday morning over eastern portions of Far Northern Ontario.