KENORA – The wind chill and cold from an Arctic low continue to impact Northern Ontario. Environment Canada has issued or continued Extreme Cold Warnings for many parts of the north.
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Ear Falls – Perrault Falls – Western Lac Seul
- Red Lake – Woodland Caribou Park
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Upsala – Raith
Extreme cold wind chill values near minus 40 are predicted for this morning.
Make sure you and members of your family, INCLUDING your pets and livestock, are protected from the cold.
Conditions are expected to improve throughout the day.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with the wind chill.