OTTAWA – Interested in having a say on how Nutrition North works? Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) is seeking individuals willing to be considered as a Board Member for the Nutrition North Canada Advisory Board.
The Board provides information and advice to help guide the management, direction, and activities of the Nutrition North Canada (NNC) Program. The Board will be actively involved in soliciting input from Program users to ensure northern and community perspectives are heard and considered.
We are particularly interested in having the Board include youth and individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Learn how IRC implements Nutrition North
Applicants must be 18 years of age and older and must have:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized university/college, or an acceptable combination of education or job-related training and/or experience
- Recent extensive experience living in Northern Canada and/or in isolated/remote communities
- Experience or a combination of experiences in the following fields: Indigenous regional/community leadership, public health, northern retail business, distribution and logistics, and transportation
Board members are expected to serve in their own right, not as representatives of a particular organization, area or special interest. Appointments will be made for three year terms.
This is a volunteer board, but expenses related to Board membership will be reimbursed.
Members will also be given a small honorarium for their travel and participation at face to face meetings.
Preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as members of one or more of the following groups: youth, women, Indigenous Canadians, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
If you are interested in serving on the NNC Advisory Board, please send:
- A letter that states your interest in serving as a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson or member, and clearly lays out your relevant knowledge and experience; AND
- A detailed resume that includes your current contact information.
Application deadline: April 17, 2017 (23:59 est)
Please send your letter and resume to: