THUNDER BAY – BUSINESS – The Prospectors and Development Association of Canada (PDAC) Aboriginal Affairs Program is gathering information about community engagement practices between the mineral industry and Aboriginal communities in Canada.
The association states, “We are putting a call out to the mineral exploration and mining community to assist the PDAC in communicating the leading practices in our industry in relation to Aboriginal engagement and partnership development. We are collecting information from companies about the activities undertaken to build positive relationships and enhance Aboriginal community participation”.
The data that is collected will help the PDAC tell the important stories of members by:
- Featuring these on the PDAC website
- Sharing stories through PDAC communication outlets
- Using information when meeting government officials across Canada.
- The more detailed or specific the information provided by members, the more it will strengthen the case history – but any information members can share will be helpful
- We recognize that not all of the elements below will apply to all circumstances and that some information may be confidential; please provide information that you are comfortable sharing
- Completed surveys will be copy edited and formatted by the PDAC and returned to the member contact for review
For more information visit www.pdac.ca