THUNDER BAY – NEWS – Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to a fire at a rooming house, the former Odd Fellows Hall on May Street South overnight. The fire was contained to a mattress in one of the rooms.
The fire was located on the third floor and confined to one apartment. Most occupants had exited the building and some were escorted out by TBFR. The tenants were alerted by activated smoke alarms. The occupant was removed from the apartment and treated by Paramedics on scene. Moderate fire damage was contained to the unit and moderate smoke damage to the third floor.
Thunder Bay Fire Inspection personnel will be attending the scene later today to determine fire cause.