Thunder Bay Delegation Heading to AMO
THUNDER BAY – CIVIC – Mayor Keith Hobbs is headed to the AMO meetings in Toronto later this week. The Mayor’s heart however will be at the Candlelight Vigil at City Hall on Thursday night.
Mayor Hobbs is taking the issues Thunder Bay faces to the AMO meeting. Hobbs stated that “We are putting the social issues ahead of everything, including the Event Centre”.
The delegation from the city will also be meeting with the Chinese Consul General.
The Annual AMO Conference is Ontario’s foremost educational forum for municipal governments. In total, the program features close to 50 plenary and workshop sessions, and more than 60 speakers, reflecting the broad scope of municipal responsibilities. Keynote presenters include:
- Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario
- Hon. Ted McMeekin, Ontario’s Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Representatives from Ontario’s two opposition parties
- Nik Nanos, President & CEO of Nanos Research, and one of Canada’s most trusted pollsters
- Amanda Lang, senior business correspondent for CBC News
- David Phillips of Environment Canada
- Dr. Gregory Wells, health and high performance expert and Assistant Professor in Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Toronto
- Matthew Mendelsohn, founder of the Mowat Centre, an independent public policy think tank at the University of Toronto