THUNDER BAY – Across Thunder Bay there are road crews out doing work on our local roads. This can cause traffic confusion for drivers.
Construction on Victoria Avenue just west of Vickers has traffic detoured. There is also a road crew today on Brodie Street just south of Victoriaville Centre.
May Street has a detour at Southern Avenue.
Road, Street Lighting & Sidewalk Improvements
- On Golf Links Road between Oliver Road and Linden Court, construction work involving widening the road to four lanes, and installation of sidewalks, trails, and underground storm sewers and watermains will take place. Additional work will also be undertaken by utility companies on this corridor. The roadway will be closed to through traffic and a detour posted. Local access will be available to residential subdivisions, and hospital access will be maintained.
- Valley Street reconstruction and widening is underway between Masters Street and Carl Avenue. Some driveway disruption is expected. Starting July 14, Valley Street will be closed from John Street to Hutton Park Drive for a two-week period. Please follow posted detour signs.
- Pavement resurfacing work continues on Broadway Avenue between Kerega Road and 25th Sideroad. Watch for road closures with local access only as work proceeds.
- Hutton Park Drive between Saxon Drive and Mercier Street is scheduled for road resurfacing and sidewalk work. Watch for lane closures or road closures with access to local traffic only as work proceeds. Some driveway disruption is expected.
- Road resurfacing work on Vickers Street between Victoria Avenue and Donald Street will continue. As part of this work, the traffic signals at the intersection of Vickers Street & Victoria Avenue will be rehabilitated. Watch for lane closures as work proceeds.
- Resurfacing of Conmee Street between Oswald Street and Albany Street is underway. Some driveway disruption is expected. Watch for lane closures as work proceeds.
- Residential paving is slated for Grenville Avenue, Suncrest Place, Dorothy Street, Secord Street, Christina Street, Crawford Avenue, Ford Street, McNaughton Street and Hargrave Street. Watch for brief road closures to through traffic.
- New sidewalk installation on Golf Links Road south of Harbour Expressway may result in lane closures as the work proceeds. Please drive with caution and obey signage.
- Sidewalk replacement projects on sections of River Street, Madeline Street, College Street and McIntyre Street are anticipated. These will result in some traffic lane/road closures and disruptions to local access as the work proceeds.
- Friday, July 18 at 11 am to Saturday, July 19 at 11 am, Lincoln Street from the closed-off area of the Casino up to and not blocking the driveway to the Church, for PGA Cut Party Saturday, July 19 from 7 am to 5 pm
- Queen Street from Fort William Road to Memorial Avenue, and Fort William Road from south of Queen Street to the dead end (north), for the Fat Guys Auto Parts Car Show